Sunday, March 16, 2014

Why I Want To Serve: Breana

I enjoy helping people, more importantly, I like helping those so that eventually they can help themselves and hopefully someone else in the future. In my family, I grew up learning that you were not only supposed to help those who were less fortunate than you, but also those who just needed a hand really quick. So as i got older, volunteering just became second nature.

My favorite motto is; "Be the change you want to see in the world." I am most excited to go on the Alternative Spring Break Trip because I am going to physically see the change that I want to see. It is sad to see that people are unable to go for an annual check-up just because they don't have health insurance. Well, with the Alternative Spring break, I'll be able to make a little change in the world so that more people can have healthcare.

Hebrews 13:16 says Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. Everybody who is able should help those who are not as lucky in any way they can. This has been one of the many philosophies that I have grown up abiding by.  As a family, we always participated in feeding the homeless, collecting coats, or helping the less fortunate during the holidays. It was instilled in me that I should do my part. It might encourage others to also do their part. 


5 comments:

  1. That's my BreBre. So proud of this young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright Bre each one teach one,love it! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you and I know you will continue to be blessed for your service. I wish you all the joy, excitement, and fulfillment that I get when I help people. Love you much and Paul says hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want you to know that I am extremely proud of you. Your spirit has always been a caring one. Continue to follow the path that God has set out for you and you will always walk in His favor.

    ReplyDelete