Saturday, March 8, 2014

Why I Want to Serve: Karin

Hi all! I just wanted to tell y'all why I want to go on this trip! I am an older student and Spring Break never really meant much to me. I wanted to find something meaningful to do during Spring Break because I didn't just want to sit at home with nothing to do. When I heard about this trip, I got excited. I love helping people and that is what I want to dedicate my life too. I feel as though I was blessed enough to have a decent life, and I understand that others were not as blessed. I grew up in a struggling household and I truly understand the struggle for everyday needs, people helped my family out and now I feel as though it is time to pay it forward. I have realized that even though I had a lot of struggles, there are so many people did have and still have it worse; and if I don't at least try to help, then who will? I honestly think that one of my callings in life is to help people and I cannot think of a better way to do that then to serve my fellow man. Going on this Spring Break trip would help my soul and also to help me on the beginnings of what I want to dedicate my life too. My current plan is to attend graduate school and receive a doctorate in Audiology and I eventually want to help the hearing and speech impaired communities by having a traveling theater, music and dance group. I also am a musician and I want to have a music studio someday to provide music lessons for people who cannot afford it. I honestly feel like I can make a difference in this world and helping others is just one way that we can all become united as brothers and sisters in this fight of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment